- After reading the question, click on the answer that you think is correct. If the answer you've chosen is correct, you will see the question text at the beginning of the definition. -- OR -- Check your answers by using the answer key at the end of the quiz.
1. This is a collection of data items organized as a set of formally-described tables from which data can be accessed or reassembled in many different ways without having to reorganize the database tables.
a. relational database
c. file allocation table
d. splay tree
e. Venn diagram
2. This is a standard interactive and programming language for getting information from and updating a database.
a. dynamic data exchange
b. Structured Query Language
d. Erlang programming language
3. In creating a database, this is the process of organizing it into tables insuch a way that the results of using the database are always unambiguous.
c. data modeling
d. query by example
e. virtual organization
6. This type of database, which can be used to mine data for business trends, doesn't require SQL queries, but instead allows a user to ask questions like "How many Aptivas have been sold in Nebraska so far this year?".
a. line information database
b. High Performance Storage System
c. object-oriented database management system
d. multidimensional database
e. functional specification
7. This is an open standard application programming interface (API) for accessing a database.
a. Universal Data Access
b. Open Database Connectivity
c. Topic Map Query Language
d. Open Data-Link Interface
e. command line interface
8. This term, used to describe a database that occupies magnetic storage in the terabyte range, describes a database that contains billions of table rows.
a. Very Large Database
b. holographic storage
c. Cold Fusion
e. Electronic Data Interchange
9. This is a collection of descriptions about data objects that is created for the benefit of programmers and others who might need torefer to them.
a. data dictionary
b. stored procedure
c. Virtual File Allocation table
d. Virtual Address eXtension
10. This term is used to describe the process of forecasting, or simply discovering patterns in data that can lead to predictions about the future.
a. customer relationship management
b. PERT chart
c. data mining
d. enterprise risk management
SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWER KEY
See the rest of our quiz topics
Let us know how you did and suggest a topic for a future quiz! email@example.com