Here's a script that will get the description of the server default collation as given in setup. It only works with SQL Server 2000.
create proc sp_default_collation as set nocount on declare @servercollation sysname select @servercollation = convert(sysname, serverproperty('collation')) if @servercollation is not NULL BEGIN select 'Server default collation' = description from ::fn_helpcollations() C where @servercollation = C.name END set nocount off go
For More Information
- What do you think about this tip? E-mail the Editor at email@example.com with your feedback.
- The Best SQL Server Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an SQL Server tip to offer your fellow DBA's and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize--submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical SQL Server questions--or help out your peers by answering them--in our live discussion forums.
- Check out our Ask the Experts feature: Our SQL, Database Design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.