Yep. Lookup sp_startjob. As for the first business day, SQL Server has no capability to do this itself. You must provide the code to calculate it. Why? The first business day in the US is different than the first business day in Israel is different than the first business day in China.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough SQL Server questions from Michael Hotek are available here.
- The Best Microsoft SQL Server Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have a SQL Server tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical SQL Server questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, SQL Server, DB2, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Microsoft SQL Server Performance Monitoring and Tuning
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.