Pick up Kalen Delaney's book "Inside SQL Server 2000". There are several hundred pages in there that discuss page structure and index structure. It is relatively obvious what the differences are once you go through her book.
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail us at [email protected] with your feedback.
- The Best Microsoft SQL Server Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- The Best SQL Web Links
- Have a SQL Server tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical SQL Server questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.