I want to see the table description without all of the details. I mean I want to see just the column Name, type and size. How do I get it? If I do a sp_help in sql-query analyzer it gives much more information.
You can just open Enterprise Manager. When you double-click on a table name, you get a dialog that displays only the Column name, data type, and size like you want. Several other tools do the same, such as DBArtisan, SQL-Programmer, and RapidSQL.
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail us at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Microsoft SQL Server Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- The Best SQL Web Links
- Have a SQL Server tip to offer your fellow DBA's and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize--submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical SQL Server questions--or help out your peers by answering them--in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL Server guru is waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Microsoft SQL Server Installation
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.