The easiest way to move a entire database is to back it up on one server, copy the backup file and restore it on another server.
If you only wish to copy data within tables use the DTS Wizard, see Books Online.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough SQL Server questions from Tony Bain are available here.
- The Best Microsoft SQL Server Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- The Best SQL Web Links
- Have a SQL Server tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical SQL Server questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on SQL Server Replication
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.