Do you know of a product that will provide an audit trail of changes to a Microsoft SQL database?
There is no product on the market to do this. The closest you can get is with something like SQLCompare from Red Gate or DBArtisan Change Manager. Reviews for both products can be found at http://www.msslqserver.com/products. These tools will let you compare two different schemas and give you the differences between them. But they do not provide an audit trail.
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail us at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Microsoft SQL Server Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- The Best SQL Web Links
- Have a SQL Server tip to offer your fellow DBA's and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize--submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical SQL Server questions--or help out your peers by answering them--in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL Server guru is waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Microsoft SQL Server Installation
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.