I have one VB program installed in several PCs connected to SQL Server 7 with the same SQL user but, in the connection...
string, the Workstation parameter is personalized with the name of the PC.
I can see in SQL Server Enterprise Manager in Current Activity - Process Info; in the Host Column, the name of every PC connected.
The question is: Is it possible to say to SQL Server not to let the connection to a specific host?
Nope. The best you can do is dump sp_who into a table, scan the table for the host you do not want in, pull out the spid, and kill that spid.
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail us at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Microsoft SQL Server Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- The Best SQL Web Links
- Have a SQL Server tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical SQL Server questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Microsoft SQL Server Installation
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.