It isn't possible. You have to drop it and recreate it. This is because the replication engine, via all of the...
metadata, is tied into the specific server endpoints in order to be able to connect and perform its work.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough SQL Server questions from Michael Hotek are available here.
- The Best Microsoft SQL Server Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have a SQL Server tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical SQL Server questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, SQL Server, DB2, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on SQL Server Replication
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.