I'm not sure what an invalid object is. If it is in a database, it is a valid object. The definition of an invalid...
object would be a business decision. Now, if you are looking to get a list of object by type, this can be done from the information schema views. Depending upon the object type, you would use a different view. All of the information schema views are detailed in Books Online.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough SQL Server questions from Michael Hotek are available here.
- The Best Microsoft SQL Server Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- The Best SQL Web Links
- Have a SQL Server tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical SQL Server questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, SQL Server, DB2, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.