Well, you could do this on a single processor laptop or it could take a 16 way Unisys server running the 64 bit version of SQL Server on Windows 2000 DataCenter edition. There is no way of sizing anything without a LOT of very specific information such as data size, user volume, transaction volume, types of transactions, query patterns broked down by time frame during the day, amount of code that IIS has to run, etc.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough SQL Server questions from Michael Hotek are available here.
- The Best Microsoft SQL Server Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- The Best SQL Web Links
- Have a SQL Server tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical SQL Server questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.