I have created database tables for a sit. I wish to know how to upload the tables and import the data to my local host.
You can simply connect to the database using Enterprise Manager, or your favorite management tool like DBArtisan, and generate the DDL scripts. You then run those scripts to create the tables and other objects. You can move the data via 1 of 2 mechanisms. If you have connectivity to both locations from a single point, you can use DTS to simply move the data. If you don't, then you BCP the data out to text files, transfer the text files, and then BCP them in on the other side.
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail us at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Microsoft SQL Server Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- The Best SQL Web Links
- Have a SQL Server tip to offer your fellow DBA's and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize--submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical SQL Server questions--or help out your peers by answering them--in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL Server guru is waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Microsoft SQL Server Installation
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.