Server: Msg 911, Level 16, State 1, Line 55 Could not locate entry in sysdatabases for database 'distribution'. No entry found with that name. Make sure that the name is entered correctly.The linked servers are running. Any ideas?
That is a replication error message. Are the linked servers something that was put in place and referred to by replication at some point in time? If so, you are going to have to remove replication to remove the linked servers because they will be bound together.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough SQL Server questions from Michael Hotek are available here.
- The Best Microsoft SQL Server Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have a SQL Server tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical SQL Server questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, SQL Server, DB2, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Microsoft SQL Server Installation
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.