- A user is required to have a login name, first name, last name, and password.
- A user password will expire in 90 days.
- A user account will be locked after five failed attempts in five minutes.
- A locked account will automatically be unlocked 20 minutes after last failed login attempt.
- A user can change their password but it cannot be the same as any of the last 10 passwords used.
- All data changes have to be tracked and attributable to the person making the changes.
Dig Deeper on SQL Server Security
Related Q&A from Steven Andres
When encrypting SQL tables that have joins in SQL Server 2000, learn about possible problems that may arise with different data values in those ... Continue Reading
Learn how to set a SQL Server password to an SA login and why you can not set this account for access to separate SQL Server databases. Continue Reading
Get the code to connect SQL Server version 7.0 to Visual Basic 6.0. Continue Reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.