Transact-SQL (T-SQL) is Microsoft's enhanced version of the Structured Query Language (SQL) that includes transaction...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
control, exception handling, error handling, row processing and more. SQL Server applications must be using T-SQL statements to communicate with the server, but how your T-SQL is written and run can ultimately impact your server performance. This learning guide offers you an introduction to all things T-SQL, from basic definitions to handy stored procedures to best and worst practices.
If you have T-SQL questions not addressed in this learning guide, visit Ask the SQL Server Expert to pose a question to development guru Greg Low. If you have your own handy stored procedures and T-SQL tricks, e-mail us and we'll post them on SearchSQLServer.com for all your peers to see.
Handy T-SQL stored procedures
- Top five T-SQL stored procedures
- Fast Guide: Undocumented stored procedures
- Fast Guide: Stored procedures
- Stored procedure: Generate code for ad-hoc data operations
- Stored procedure: Easily filter for SQL Server connections
- Stored procedure: Determine last database backup
- Function to determine which service pack is installed
- A surrogate key architecture to perform powerful database operations
T-SQL best and worst practices
- T-SQL batch processing rules for SQL Server
- How to restore SQL Server using T-SQL
- Exception handling best practices in SQL Server 2005
- How to optimize triggers in SQL Server 2000
- Pitfalls of using T-SQL cursors
- T-SQL performance problems and solutions
- Vulnerable stored procedures
- Working with Oracle stored procedures, applications and data
T-SQL in SQL Server 2005
- What's new with T-SQL in SQL Server 2005
- Writing stored procedures without knowing T-SQL
- Backward compatibility issues when upgrading to SQL Server 2005
- Upgrading stored procedures in SQL Server 2005
- Tuning stored procedures: Structured exception handling in SQL Server 2005
- SQL Server 2005 DMVs: Exposing the state of your server