SQL Server encryption provides that extra protection to secure your database. Yet, it can be cumbersome to implement,...
and at times frustrating to troubleshoot errors. In this fast guide we've collected tips as well as your questions to our SQL Server experts, that will ultimately lead you to SQL Server data encryption best practices. Get specifics on encrypting your backup files, stored procedures, column data and more.
|Encryption tips for a more secure SQL Server|
- Database security options to protect data in SQL Server
Encryption and data separation in SQL Server are not easy or cheap options. Read about other tools and techniques to protect against hacker attacks.
- SQL Server backup encryption for improved security
SQL Server offers many approaches to securing your backup files. Get the details on creating backup passwords, encrypting stored procedures and more.
- Encrypting data in SQL Server: Dos and don'ts
This article discusses what steps you should and should not take when encrypting objects and data in SQL Server.
|SQL Server 2005 encryption options|
- Encryption enhancements in SQL Server 2005
SQL Server encryption used to be cumbersome and incomplete, as it failed to secure data at rest. Not any more, says CISSP Kevin Beaver.
- Image encryption in SQL Server 2005
SQL Server 2005 may have better image encryption capabilities, but what if you haven't upgraded? Get the resources here to encrypt images now in SQL Server 2000.
- Encryption failures when upgrading to SQL Server 2005
There are several criteria required for certificates to be properly loaded by SQL Server 2005, when upgrading. SQL Server 2005 expert Adam Machanic addresses concerns.
|Stored procedure encryption|
- Transfer encrypted stored procedures in a database
Learn how to transfer encrypted stored procedures in a database without transferring it with DTS (Data Transformation Services).
- Encrypt a CSV file using stored procedure in SQL Server 2000
SQL Server Development expert Greg Low explains how to encrypt a CSV (comma-separated values) file.
|Get specifics on your encryption questions|
- Built-in SQL Server function for encryption/decryption
Greg Low explains which SQL Server versions support encryption/decryption in this expert response.
- How can I compare encrypted columns in SQL Server 2000?
SQL Server security expert Steven Andres offers third-party apps to help compare encrypted columns.
- Using asymmetric encryption
SQL Server Security expert Steven Andres explains how the asymmetric encryption system could help protect against an attacker.
- Built-in facility to encrypt column data
In this Ask the Expert, Kevin Kline responds to a question on whether or not SQL Server has a built-in facility to encrypt column data and explains how to encrypt other data in SQL Server.