Here's a script that will read a text file from the Windows system into SQL Server:
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
CREATE PROC Sp_EnterTextFile @filename sysname as BEGIN SET nocount ON CREATE TABLE #tempf (line varchar(8000)) EXEC ('bulk INSERT #tempf FROM "' + @filename + '"') SELECT * FROM #tempf DROP TABLE #tempf END GO
For More Information
- What do you think about this tip? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your feedback.
- The Best SQL Server Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an SQL Server tip to offer your fellow DBA's and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize--submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical SQL Server questions--or help out your peers by answering them--in our live discussion forums.
- Check out our Ask the Experts feature: Our SQL, Database Design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.