Here's a script that will read a text file from the Windows system into SQL Server:
CREATE PROC Sp_EnterTextFile @filename sysname as BEGIN SET nocount ON CREATE TABLE #tempf (line varchar(8000)) EXEC ('bulk INSERT #tempf FROM "' + @filename + '"') SELECT * FROM #tempf DROP TABLE #tempf END GO
For More Information
- What do you think about this tip? E-mail us at email@example.com with your feedback.
- The Best SQL Server Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an SQL Server tip to offer your fellow DBA's and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize--submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical SQL Server questions--or help out your peers by answering them--in our live discussion forums.
- Check out our Ask the Experts feature: Our SQL, Database Design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.