By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
What is database mirroring in SQL Server and how can it benefit your environment? SQL Server database administrator Eric Johnson starts by outlining the three roles involved in database mirroring: principle, mirror and witness. He goes on to share the types of mirroring solutions for High Availability and how to configure those solutions.
- Download the podcast: Database mirroring in SQL Server 2005
- Total run time: 11:33
- (0.50) What is database mirroring?
- (2.04) What types of mirroring solutions are available and which is most appropriate for High Availability?
- (6.07) How do you configure clients to work with a mirroring solution?
- (9.24) Can you read the data stored in the mirror database?
Related tips and guides:
- Database mirroring setup in SQL Server 2005: SQL Server 2005 database mirroring allows you to automatically mirror database contents. Learn how it works and how to get it up and running with Management Studio.
- Q&A: Database mirroring in SQL Server 2005 and its witness: Database mirroring in SQL Server 2005 will increase your system's availability by allowing a quick and automatic failover. Learn more about the role of the witness.
- SQL Server 2005 backup and recovery: 5 handy tips: Backup and recovery with SQL Server 2005 include several new features worthy of your attention. Here are five tips to help you take full advantage of these enhancements
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Eric Johnson (MCSE, MCITP: Database Administrator, MCSD) is co-founder of Consortio Services and the primary Database Technologies Consultant. He has delivered numerous SQL Server training classes and webcasts as well as presentations at national technology conferences. Eric has presented at TechMentor on SQL Server 2005 Replication, Reporting Services, and Integration Services. He is president of the Colorado Springs SQL Server Users Group.
You can see Eric at the Highly Available SQL Solutions seminar in Denver, CO on July 26th and 27th. Learn rock solid solutions with in depth coverage of clustering, mirroring, log shipping, replication and disaster recovery.