Adam Machanic is a database-focused software engineer, writer and speaker based in Boston, Mass. He has implemented SQL Server for a variety of high-availability OLTP and large-scale data warehouse applications, and also specializes in .NET data access layer performance optimization. He is a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) for SQL Server and a Microsoft Certified Professional. Machanic is co-author of Pro SQL Server 2005, published by Apress.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Adam Machanic 3
- SQL Server 2005 DDL vs. DML triggers
- SQL Native Client
- What are Event Notifications?
- What is the SQLCMD tool used for?
- SQLCLR permission sets
- Forced parameterization database option
- Overcoming SQL Server's 8060-byte row limit
- Relationship between SQL Service Broker and Microsoft Message Queuing
- Concealing metadata in SQL Server 2005
- Storing XML data in SQL Server 2005
- Will SQL Server 2000 DTS packages work in SQL Server 2005?
- CLR stored procedures versus T-SQL stored procedures
- Aggregate functions in SQL Server 2005
- Storing business objects as a SQL CLR user-defined type
- Writing stored procedures without knowing T-SQL
- Difficulty storing XML data in SQL Server 2005
- Tools to migrate data to SQL Server 2005
- Benefits of upgrading to SQL Server 2005
- Index types in SQL Server 2005
- Row versioning with SNAPSHOT isolation level