I have a stored procedure that uses a temporary table, ##tmp, to store manipulated data and moves this manipulated...
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
data into a permanent table. Then a select query within the stored procedure displays the results from the permanent table.
When i call this stored procedure within DTS in order to export the output, DTS comes up with an error stating that it can't find the ##tmp table. Why is it looking for the ##tmp table?
Because it is trying to resolve everything you have placed in the package. The global temp table will have to exist before the procedure is called, or
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough SQL Server questions from Michael Hotek are available here.
- The Best Microsoft SQL Server Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- The Best SQL Web Links
- Have a SQL Server tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical SQL Server questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on SQL Server Stored Procedures
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.