Why is SQL/Outlook/Exchange better than Lotus Notes?
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
Who said they were? It is an impossible question to answer. Lotus Notes does very strong document management and workgroup management and beats Exchange and Outlook at these tasks because it was built from the ground up as a document repository. Exchange/Outlook were built as a messaging system from the ground up and serve much better for e-mail than Notes was. They are two completely different tools built for 2 completely different jobs. I'm not sure where "better" comes in, because the products have 2 completely different design principles and design goals. SQL on the other hand fits into a whole different category than Notes/Exchange/Outlook. Trying to answer this is like trying to answer why is a beach ball better than a car, apple or tree.
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail us at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Microsoft SQL Server Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- The Best SQL Web Links
- Have a SQL Server tip to offer your fellow DBA's and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize--submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical SQL Server questions--or help out your peers by answering them--in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL Server guru is waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.