2) Is there any way that I schedule the job to not run during a holiday?
1.To accomplish running a job on the first and third Saturday of the month you would create two job schedules.
Here are the steps:
A. On the Job Properties/Schedules tab click the New Schedule button.
B. From the Edit Job Schedule dialog click the Change button.
C. Create a schedule to run the 1st Saturday of every month. Click OK.
D. Repeat steps 1 -- 3 for the third Saturday of the month.
2. As far as I know, there is not a way to suspend a scheduled job from running on certain days.
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail us at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Microsoft SQL Server Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- The Best SQL Web Links
- Have a SQL Server tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical SQL Server questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Microsoft SQL Server Installation
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.