Under the circumstances, with SQL Server 7.0, if the *.mdf and *.ldf files were merely copied to another server,...
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
one option may be to perform the following:
- Install Windows with the same configurations, name, IP address, service packs, hot fixes, drive layout, drive size, etc.
- Install SQL Server with the same configurations, service packs, hot fixes, etc.
- Restore the master database.
- Place the *.mdf and *.ldf files in the same location as the master.dbo.sysdatabases expects.
- Restart SQL Server to ensure no issues are recorded in the SQL Server error log.
- Test the application to ensure the application is working properly.
Dig Deeper on Microsoft SQL Server Installation
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.