Under the circumstances, with SQL Server 7.0, if the *.mdf and *.ldf files were merely copied to another server,...
one option may be to perform the following:
- Install Windows with the same configurations, name, IP address, service packs, hot fixes, drive layout, drive size, etc.
- Install SQL Server with the same configurations, service packs, hot fixes, etc.
- Restore the master database.
- Place the *.mdf and *.ldf files in the same location as the master.dbo.sysdatabases expects.
- Restart SQL Server to ensure no issues are recorded in the SQL Server error log.
- Test the application to ensure the application is working properly.
Dig Deeper on Microsoft SQL Server Installation
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.