set verify off set serveroutput on accept p_ename prompt'Please enter the employee name:' accept p_cname prompt'Please enter the customer name:' accept p_typeno prompt 'Please enter the call type number:' accept p_comp prompt'Please enter the company name:' DECLARE v_callno number(3); --v_date :=sysdate; --v_cname:='&p_cname'; v_ename staff.name%type:='&p_ename'; --v_typeno :='&p_typeno'; --v_comp :='&p_comp'; v_support staff.job%type; BEGIN v_callno :=sql%rowcount; select job into v_support from staff where &p_typeno=30 and v_ename in('JAMAL','KAMAL','WAEL I.','WAEL S.','AJI'); INSERT INTO call_info values(v_callno,sysdate,'&p_cname','&p_ename','&p_typeno','&p_comp','v_s uppo rt'); COMMIT; END;
This would be more appropriately asked in a development forum related to the language you are using. I generically...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
understand the code, but I have no idea what you are trying to do or where the data comes from. It is not a problem with SQL Server.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough SQL Server questions from Michael Hotek are available here.
- The Best Microsoft SQL Server Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- The Best SQL Web Links
- Have a SQL Server tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical SQL Server questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Microsoft SQL Server Installation
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.