You can not connect using the sa account if you have installed your SQL Serevr using intergrated security. If you are an administrator on that machine, why would you even want to connect using the sa account. Your Windows credentials give you admin access to the SQL Server. They are also much more flexible and a much better choice than using the sa account. Additionally, having the SQL Server installed this way protects you from all...
of the stupid security problems developers create by embedding the sa account into their applications.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough SQL Server questions from Michael Hotek are available here.
- The Best Microsoft SQL Server Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- The Best SQL Web Links
- Have a SQL Server tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical SQL Server questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig deeper on Microsoft SQL Server Installation
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.