How long before MSSQL7 dies or at least is no longer supported by MS, and we all get squeezed per processor?
You would have to ask Microsoft about that as they are the only ones with that information. Regardless of which version, you are NOT required to purchase licenses by processor. Per processor licensing is simply one of the options that you have for licensing. Any licensing questions should be directed to your local Microsoft sales office since they are the only ones qualified to answer this type of question.
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail us at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Microsoft SQL Server Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- The Best SQL Web Links
- Have a SQL Server tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical SQL Server questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.