There are three that I'm aware of and have used in production environments:
- Bulk unload the data from Oracle to files, copy the files to the SQL Server, use BCP or DTS to load the data into SQL Server.
- Create a DTS package that moves the data from Oracle to SQL Server.
- Buy Data Mirror, and set it up to move incremental data from Oracle to SQL Server.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough SQL Server questions from Michael Hotek are available here.
- The Best Microsoft SQL Server Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- The Best SQL Web Links
- Have a SQL Server tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical SQL Server questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, SQL Server, DB2, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on SQL Server Replication
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.