As I related above, I have LOTS of background and reasons why not to use it based upon actually using the product...
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
in comparison to other database platforms as well as dealing with it at several clients. I will NOT use MySQL, nor will I recommend its use. However, I'm going to decline elaborating simply because the last time I said something, I received over 1400 e-mails telling me in polite and not-so-polite language just how uneducated, uninformed, and inaccurate that point of view is. I refuse to deal with the massive politics that surround MySQL as well as Linux.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough SQL Server questions from Michael Hotek are available here.
- The Best Microsoft SQL Server Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have a SQL Server tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical SQL Server questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, SQL Server, DB2, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on SQL Server Security
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.