- Right-click the target database and select Import Data.
- Pick Microsoft Access as the Source in the Choose a Data Source dialog box.
- Browse or enter the file name of the source .mdb database.
- Pick Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server in the Choose a Destination dialog box. Select the target database and required authentication mode.
- Click Copy Tables in the Specify Table Copy or Query dialog box.
- Click Select All in the Select Source Tables dialog box.
- Click OK to finish the wizard and start the data migration.
- Converting an Access Database with the Upsizing Wizard
- How to use Access 2000 Upsizing Wizard
- Upsizing to SQL Server
- Access 2000 Upsizing Tool White Paper (old, but still good info)
- How to Migrate from Access to SQL Server 2000
You might to read the white paper Managing SQL Server 2000 after Migrating Multiple Access Databases to a Single Server. It contains useful information tips and advice for administrating and maintaining a single SQL Server where many Access databases have been consolidated.
This was first published in August 2005