- Right-click the target database and select Import Data.
- Pick Microsoft Access as the Source in the Choose a Data Source dialog box.
- Browse or enter the file name of the source .mdb database.
- Pick Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server in the Choose a Destination dialog box. Select the target database and required authentication mode.
- Click Copy Tables in the Specify Table Copy or Query dialog box.
- Click Select All in the Select Source Tables dialog box.
- Click OK to finish the wizard and start the data migration.
- Converting an Access Database with the Upsizing Wizard
- How to use Access 2000 Upsizing Wizard
- Upsizing to SQL Server
- Access 2000 Upsizing Tool White Paper (old, but still good info)
- How to Migrate from Access to SQL Server 2000
You might to read the white paper Managing SQL Server 2000 after Migrating Multiple Access Databases to a Single...
Server. It contains useful information tips and advice for administrating and maintaining a single SQL Server where many Access databases have been consolidated.
Related Q&A from Kevin Kline
Monitoring and Administration expert Kevin Kline discusses the obstacles of database administration when a publisher resides on a different domain.continue reading
A common SQL Mail error is addressed by monitoring and administration expert Kevin Kline.continue reading
Monitoring and Administration expert Kevin Kline discusses the installation of SQL Server client tools on Windows XP Pro.continue reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.