SELECT c.profilename, c.loginuser, s.company, s.product , s.filedescription, i.systemserialnumber FROM hstcomputers C FULL OUTER JOIN sigsoftware S, hstIdentification i ON c.id = i.id AND s.sigid = i.sigidI know the third table in the FROM is the wrong syntax, but I am not 100% sure how it should be, as everything I have read is based around joining two tables.
Select columns From table1 inner join table2 on table1.col1 = table2.col2 Inner join table3 on table1.col1 = table3.col2 Inner join table4 on table2.col1 = table4.col5 Inner join table5 on table3.col1 = table5.col17Etc.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough SQL Server questions from Michael Hotek are available here.
- The Best Microsoft SQL Server Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- The Best SQL Web Links
- Have a SQL Server tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical SQL Server questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, SQL Server, DB2, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
This was first published in July 2003