How do I update the existing database which is restored from a full database backup with differential backup so...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
that only the changes are reflected to the existing DB?
If I'm understanding you correctly, you simply do the following:
- Restore full back up
- Restore differential backup
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail us at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Microsoft SQL Server Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- The Best SQL Web Links
- Have a SQL Server tip to offer your fellow DBA's and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize--submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical SQL Server questions--or help out your peers by answering them--in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL Server gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on SQL Server Stored Procedures
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.