How do I update the existing database which is restored from a full database backup with differential backup so that only the changes are reflected to the existing DB?
If I'm understanding you correctly, you simply do the following:
- Restore full back up
- Restore differential backup
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail us at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Microsoft SQL Server Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- The Best SQL Web Links
- Have a SQL Server tip to offer your fellow DBA's and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize--submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical SQL Server questions--or help out your peers by answering them--in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL Server gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
This was first published in May 2001