Microsoft SQL Server 7.00 - 7.00.623 (Intel X86) Nov 27 1998 22:20:07 Copyright (c) 1988-1998 Microsoft Corporation Standard Edition on Windows NT 4.0 (Build 1381: Service Pack 6)and we need to apply the recently released patch Q316333. Do we need to have SP4 by all means before we install this patch? Your help on this would be highly appreciated.
I'm confused. That Q article corresponds to the SQL Server 2000 SP2 security hotfix. There isn't an SP4 released...
for SQL Server 2000 and you can NOT apply this to your 7.0 environment. For SQL Server 7.0, you should be on SP4 and then apply any security rollups if necessary on your system. I would suggest getting a test server and testing your applications with SP4 before applying it in your environment.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough SQL Server questions from Michael Hotek are available here.
- The Best Microsoft SQL Server Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- The Best SQL Web Links
- Have a SQL Server tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical SQL Server questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.